A Day That will Live in Infamy

Amazing courage to do those things. Now they are just usually quiet older
gents.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordon Forbess" <gforbess@attglobal.net>
To: "John S. Lagnese" <jlagnese@massed.net>
Cc: "Chris Bennett" <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com>; "Scirocco List"
<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:32 PM
Subject: Re: A Day That will Live in Infamy

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 20:18:59 -0500, "John S. Lagnese"
<jlagnese@massed.net> wrote:

>Sure, I'd be interested. My father was in the Army Air Corps during the
war.
>Flew radio on UNARMED C-47s

A friend of my dad's was a C-47 pilot in Burma, flying gasoline and
supplies over "the hump" for the Chinese.  Not only unarmed, they
ripped out the de-icing equipment to enable them to carry more cargo
and flew through mountain passes in horrible weather.  At the end of
the war, he would not even fly home. He took a troop transport ship
and never set foot in an airplane again. Figured his flying luck was
used up.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9