ot: funny ad on gmail

On 12/1/05, Chris Bennett <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.gaijinpot.com/
>
> OMG this is a job resource site for "foreigners looking for work in
> Japan"  Especially funny when you figure out that Gaijin is a
> derogatory word.  Though not as severe it is used very much like the
> "N" word in our language, except to cover anyone not Japanese.
>
> I know it translates literally to foreigner but when I was over there
> I saw alot of places with signs "NO Gaijins" and they refused to serve
> everyone--even people of other Asian heritage.
>
> On the other hand the japanese are semi obsessed with American pop
> culture, as we seem to be with certian aspects of theirs... Alot of
> money can be made if you speak only a little of the language.  If I
> was single I would think about it.
>
> Just thought it was interesting.
>
> Chris.

After seeing that webiste I went to one of the onlile currency conversion
places and put in some of those salaries.  I didn't think the pay wa all
that great. 200,000 japanesse yen works out to a little over $1,600 and that
was a per month pay scale.  They had a listing for an elementary school
english teacher for 250,000 jpy per month, just a little over $2,000 per
month.  Hmm...

Maybe I have too high of expectations...

Dave

--
David L. Winchell, II
'87 Scirocco 2.0L 16V