From: <wolfsbrg8v@bellsouth.net>
To: "scirocco list" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 9:33 PM
Subject: water pump

> So the water pump sprung a serious leak out of the weep hole in the
bottom.  Potterman sells a complete unit including the housing, and Bentley
basically says, take the alternator off, remove a coupla belts. The job
looks do-able. Then tonight I read some horror stories in the .org archive
about stripped and broken pulley bolts, demon possessed a/c brackets,
bleeding knuckles, etc.

> I figure, this car is 21 years old and I am likely to run into the same
problems.  Maybe I should just buy the pump and pay a good mechanic to
install it.  If anybody has replaced a water pump recently, especially on an
A/C, power steering car, any tips or advice greatly appreciated.