water pump

I figure, this car is 21 years old and I am likely to run into the same
problems.  Maybe I should just buy the pump and pay a good mechanic to
install it.  If anybody has replaced a water pump recently, especially
on an A/C, power steering car, any tips or advice greatly appreciated.

   been there, done that, lost the medal. really it's not terrifically
difficult, just time consuming. i recently did the one on my '85 and the
longest amount of time was spent taking everything off. i didn't have
one bolt break nor did i chew up any knuckles, and i'm not a small guy.
make sure you have the right size allen wrench for the compressor and
then the rest is 13mm. the only thing you might run into is the a/c
hoses wanting to stay inflexible. more irritating than anything. i've
also replaced two or three water pumps without breaking a bolt. ymmv, of
course, but it is a cheap and easy fix. my vote is go for it.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com