16V electrical gurus needed...

> From: "C Boyko" <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>
> Date: 2005/08/26 Fri PM 07:06:54 EDT
> To: "Roger concha" <rogercv1@gmail.com>
> CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org,  fahrvergnugen@cox.net
> Subject: Re: 16V electrical gurus needed...
>
> How about battery negative to chassis ( a likely corrosion point, as it's
> under the airbox), and more importeant, from the frome to the tranny. That
> wire was entirely missing on mine.

That one was cleaned and re-tightened as well...

> Or something really odd in the ignition system, like a bad wire to the hall
> sender/coil, or a missing rotor or something...(I only mention the latter
> because it's easy enough to do...)or is it firing and dying? Cathy

Crap!  You reminded me of half a thought I had a while back; the distributor hall sensor connector is held on with a zip-tie, as in a tie is wrapped around the dist. body to stop that connection from sagging.  I wonder if that could be it (feeling stupid for not remembering it or checking into that further...)  I have another dist., I might swap those and see what happens..

Is this a plausible fault?

Thanks Cathy!

David