16V electrical gurus needed...

Realistically?

Anyone remember when I was having weird surging problems with the GTI?  The ohms I had there BEFORE I fixed the ground cable was 180 or so.  The symptoms were a weird flickering of the charging and oil light, esp. on deceleration and the car would have an extremely cyclic slip in power, faster and faster as the RPM rose.  Once I replaced the ground connections and got it down to under 50, I have had no more problems, and it appeared to have more power...

Now, I understand that the fewer the Ohms the better, and the more ponies, but the wiring systems on these cars are 20 or more years old.  How can one hope to keep the ohms down and still drive them?

Okay, teach me what you think....

David