Thrust washer and Main Bearings Question

Ben,
I don't plan on racing however; if the two piece bearing has proven to be unreliable, under any conditions albeit extreme, I will stick the the stock design.
Do you know of any other issues with bearings, rings or bottom end rebuild to keep an eye out for?
Thanks, Rick.

Ben Harder <vwtype53@yahoo.com> wrote:
Rick,

I would definitely go with the seperate bearings and thrust washers. This is
much more important on an engine with a heavier clutch or someone planning to
race... higher thrust loading on the crank is really bad with those one-piece
bearings. I know Potterman can get the two-piece center bearings...

Ben