New addition(s) to the stable...

> From: "Mark F." <mk1mark@gmail.com>
> Date: 2005/08/16 Tue PM 11:18:56 EDT
> To: Scirocco List <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: New addition(s) to the stable...
>
> It's been FAR too long since I've bought myself a Mk1, so after a
> stupidly busy summer I thought I'd take advantage of my month off and
> picked up this clean example in Florida for a great price:
>
> <http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/FL81S.jpg>
>
> And lookie what's under da hood:
>
> <http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/engine.jpg>

Congrats on the more-solid runner!  I hope you do not have any suprises once you by/inspect the machine...

On that note, what is the status of your ground-up restoration?

G/L also with the tow vehicle.  I myself had a break-down as of late.  The GTI tranny is self-machining, and I found a Caddy to drive in the meantime.  It is a tight-fit for my 6'4" self, esp. with the 16V seat in it (the original treats my kidneys like punching bags).

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck on both fronts...  :-)

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car
'82 pickup, 2.0 16V, collecting dust...