From: "Mark F." <mk1mark@gmail.com>
To: "Don Walter" <dswalterwi@gmail.com>
Cc: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2005 7:11 PM
Subject: Re: Anyone use an EGT gauge?

On 8/13/05, Don Walter <dswalterwi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone installed and used one of these EGT Gauges? What do you do with
> it? I have had suggestions to use one of these to fine tune my TEC 2
> system.
> I would guess this could be used in conjuction with a Wide Band O2 sensor.

Although a probe on each exhaust runner is ideal (will give you a
comparison on how lean/hot each cylinder is running compared to the
others), as a tuning tool one is ok.  It's a good idea to run one if
you track your car, since you'll generally see much higher exhaust
temps than at the dyno shop where your car was tuned.  It's cheap
insurance against possibly melting your engine when you're really
beating on it...

HTH,

Mark.
75