Question for the engine guru's

_______________________________________

Roger concha wrote:
 > it is time for an oil change so I will step up the oil weight.
 >
 > trying to get the $$ together for a 2.0 16V swap, so I just need to
 > keep it running for a couple of months and I drive it about 100 miles
 > a week

This happened to me years ago shortly after getting my first Scirocco, a
16V also.  Right after an oil change, I had that damn buzzer going off
every time the engine got warm. Had a reputable shop confirm that my oil
pressure was *just barely* low at temp below 2500RPM.  I installed new
oil pressure sensors, and new rod and crank bearings... no solution.
(That's when I discovered the list, though I don't recall anyone having
the solution until the same topic came up years later.) After putting up
with that for awhile, eventually I bypassed the sensor wire (connected
to ground).  It was some time before I figured out that my new oil was
too lightweight (Synergyn 5w30).  In fact after my second 16V, I made
the same mistake of using too lightweight oil!  So I went up to 15w50,
and no more buzzer.

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
    '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L Scirocco