Question for the engine guru's

Sounds like the motor is getting older.  What weight oil are you running?
Might be time to run one step thicker oil.  Like 20W50.

That, or test your oil pressure control unit and pressure senders.  Break
out the bentley.  I have had them go bad, but usually the alarm would go off
OVER 2000rpm, so it is easy to know something was screwy.

gd
88 16V with about 160K on the motor.
lately after highway driving or city driving once the temp on the car
comes to normal the oil light will come on once I drop below 3K rpms
and will turn off once back over 3K not just driving rpm's I can just
tap the throttle to get it over 3K and it will stop.

there is enough oil in the car.

so I am stumped.