I want to set my Scirocco on fire! - Ok, I'm parking my Sportruck next to it then.....

If one more piddly-f*&#cking thing goes wrong on that thing....I swear....

The engine's getting filled with oil, it's getting those wheel-things under
it so I can move it around, and it's going in perma-storage.

---So to give a brief reason of why I loathe this truck even more than
normal....
I'm on my way to visit my (now late) great aunt and the voltage regulator
takes a shit on me...IN  ONE OF THE WORST POSSIBLE SECTIONS OF TAMPA. So - 4
hours later and a flatbed tow truck ride home....VR replaced, truck is fine.
Great Aunt however, died that Friday, BEFORE I had a chance to make it back
over. This is like, the 5th time that this truck has left me stranded when
I'm actually DOING something. It can't happen when I'm just out on my way to
my friend's house....no....
Then, yesterday, for VWs-Over-The-Skyway, I decided to take the Caddy (since
I'd been pissed at it and left its ass parked in the garage since the VR
fix). HAHAHAHAA!!! Boy was I STUPID! The truck gets me the 50+ miles down to
the meet-up point, then, when we all go to fire up our rides and line up, my
battery's almost dead....hmmm, that's odd, since I KNOW it was charging.
Anyways, I *did* get it to start, but then, during my visual inspection, I
see the DAMNED ALTERNATOR WIRING HARNESS BACKED ITSELF OUT OF THE
ALTERNATOR!!!!! ...thus, making me turn OFF the truck to plug it back in.
Then, of course, it *wouldn't* start, requiring me to get my dad to jump out
of line to come back and jump the truck.....

Heh, no wait, it gets better.....

So while I'm waiting to line up (water-cooled goes last since this was
originally "BUSES over the bridge"), I notice my temp climbing higher and
higher yet oddly, no fan kicking on.....so I turned off the truck. Damned
thermo-switch decided to take a *partial* crap on me, as it now works when
it feels like it. So I pulled the wire from the AC compressor so I could
manually activate the fan via the AC dash controls. But not before my dad
had to break line *again* to come back to tell me that obvious solution to
just get the damned thing rolling.

The truck is currently downstairs laughing at me....we'll see who's laugh
though when I come downstairs with an M80, a match, and an evil grin.......

Dan Snow
Tampa, FL
'87 16v Scirocco (current Daily Driver)
'87 16v Scirocco (about to be parted-out)
'87 16v Scirocco (rear-end trailer)
'82 DIESEL Scirocco (Thank GOD this car is running under its own power)
'81 Rabbit Sportruck (<------please buy me before my owner loses his mind
and does mean things to me.....even though he just bought 2 brand new tail
lights)
------->>>>PLEASE USE PLAIN TEXT FORMATTED EMAILS!!!!