TMI upholstery experience?

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:15:01 -0500, Parker Wulf <badvdub@gmail.com>
wrote:

>So what every one is saying is that TMI upholstery isnt worth a shit?
>It kinda bums me out because i have a full TMI seat kit that I was
>going to install one of these days.

In my opinion, TMI upholstery looks absolutely correct (and fits well,
they all say) in aircooled cars and busses.  But those oem seats and
door cards are very simple design with basic materials.  TMI would be
plenty good enough if I were just reupholstering my stock 1975 front
and rear seats.

But the quality of the oem seats and upholstery in later cars gets so
much better.  I didn't see anything in the TMI material samples or
displayed completed seats that showed how their kits worked on more
complex seats.  And, as it turns out, they don't do Corrado seats.

Corrado seats are now near the top of my all time "bang for the buck"
mods list.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9