TMI upholstery experience?

--- Gordon Forbess <gforbess@attglobal.net> wrote:
> Has anyone used the TMI upholstery?  They have been in the business of
> Bug interiors for years and also have watercooled stuff.

I put TMI upholstery in a Cabby a few years ago.  The weight of the vinyl is certainly not what
the OEM stuff is, and the backing is nowhere near as thick, so take their claims with a grain of
salt.  The pattern seams were welded, not sewn like the factory.  The door panels were rather
lightweight as well.  It all did fit well.  Since then, I've been getting passenger seat
upholstery and transplanting it to the driver's seat.

HTH

Ron