TORX, Allen, and 12 Point was: CV Bolt Type/Size -

I've had ugly experience with these.  My VR6 flywheel bolts are single
use 10mm XZN heads.  The damn Lisle bits stripped and in the processes
stripped the heads on several of the bolts when I was torquing new
ones.  Those bolts are very hard, a real treat to try drilling.  What a
mess.  Then I tried the K-D bits, very similar.  Stripped even easier.

I found the Snap-On truck and bought the 8, 10 and 12mm bits for about
$20 apiece.  I guess some cars have 6mm somewhere on them too.  This is
one place you shouldn't cheap out on.  The XZN bits are the only
Snap-On tools I own, and I have almost $10,000 worth of tools.  Snap-On
calls them triple-square.

Now, IIRC, those flywheel bolts I'm talking about were something like
65 ft/lbs and another 1/4 turn or something, like head bolts, so there
was a lot of pressure.  A lot more than CV flange bolts, you could
probably get away with the cheap stuff, but I'm not taking chances
myself..

John Gates
--
'85 Scirocco, Flash Silver