TORX, Allen, and 12 Point was: CV Bolt Type/Size -

Ron Pieper wrote:
> --- T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>  Don't try and use a TORX, it'll strip. (Some older Rabbits actually
>>used an Allen bolt instead of the later 12 point fastener.)
>

> Actually, I have a set of TORX bolts in my car, I believe I stripped them from some ancient 020
> 4-speed some years ago.  I saved them for a special occassion, and now Victor Jr. is equipped with
> them.  Adds 0.005456 HP.
>
> HTH, or is at least very mildly informational.
>
> Ron

Yeah,

Actually all three have been in use on VWs, (there is something known as
SPLINE but I question if they are actually the twelve point or triple
square, don't 'tink so) .

If you have the correct tools and all other things being equal I believe
the Allens are the easiest to strip, but I'm at a toss up over the other
two- one being better over the other.

btw- I found the four pack set from Lisle I was looking for:
<http://www.lislecorp.com/tool_detail.cfm?detail=1080>

Thats where I mate one with a 1/2" deep socket as a permanent pair.

TBerk