Possible Turbo Parts Question

At the PnP yard today I found a fresh 5000s turbo.  Nabbed the F.I.
warm up regulator for $5 (is it even worth putting on a N.A. motor?) ,
but was wondering if any of the turbo parts were worth getting for a
future scirocco turbo project.  Obviously the exhaust maifold will not
work but it had all the turbo parts, did not notice if the car came
with an intercooler stock.  Any thoughts if this stock turbo system
would be an easy retrofit into a 1.8L or 2.0L or is it an outdated
waste of time?  Will the turbo work on lets say a early 4 cylinder
turbo diesel manifold?

BTW Any one need a cheap 5000 throttle body?  There was at least 2 out there.

--
Gordy

MK1 x 3