Possible Turbo Parts Question

Actually, the exhaust mani can be used. Just cut off the extra runner and weld it shut and it'll bolt right on. Also, yes the 5000s do have an intercooler, I believe it's a front mount. They're pretty good and commonly used. I think the turbo will work with a TD manifold, but not positive. Someone will correct me, but I'm pretty sure there are 2 different bolt patterns for the TD. Both use I think the K26 turbo and any Kxx turbo will bolt up. As you can tell, this info is being pulled from the far recesses of my brain, but at least you get the idea. At the very least, grab the IC and sell it off for $50 or so.

Dan

Gordy Stedman <ydrogs@gmail.com> wrote:
At the PnP yard today I found a fresh 5000s turbo. Nabbed the F.I.
warm up regulator for $5 (is it even worth putting on a N.A. motor?) ,
but was wondering if any of the turbo parts were worth getting for a
future scirocco turbo project. Obviously the exhaust maifold will not
work but it had all the turbo parts, did not notice if the car came
with an intercooler stock. Any thoughts if this stock turbo system
would be an easy retrofit into a 1.8L or 2.0L or is it an outdated
waste of time? Will the turbo work on lets say a early 4 cylinder
turbo diesel manifold?

BTW Any one need a cheap 5000 throttle body? There was at least 2 out there.

--
Gordy

MK1 x 3