Brakes...

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:21:40 -0400 (EDT), Adrian Culda
<adrculda@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>i tried to put the front rotors off a 16V onto an 8V only to come across that the rotors are larger.
>now my question is...
>do i need to replace the cariers and the calipers or just the cariers which means that the current 8v calipers will work with the new carriers at which i most likely i will look at a set of carierrs here on the list. If not and having to replace the whole assembly then i will just get a loaded set from a local parts store.

If I understand your question correctly:  The 16V rotors are 10.1
inch.. you have calipers that use a 9.4 inch disk.  I swapped complete
16V calipers, pads and rotors to my existing (75) front wheel bearing
housings, no problem.  Even the dust shield worked without changing.

To get the full effect, I think you may need the larger master
cylinder/booster as well.  Others may be able to advise you on this
better.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9 8V