All is well that ends well.... (Selector rod)

Good news!  That's not a common resolution.

My only additional advice is to be dead sure that all the forks are on the shaft (both holes) and
that each gear engages fully.  One kid brought his tranny to me which felt OK shifting on the
bench, but did not fully engage one of the gears - I forget which.  He had one fork on by only one
hole.

I trust your skills though, so I reckon you're good to go.

Congrats!

Ron