All is well that ends well.... (Selector rod)

You may recall my recent bitter rant about a selector rod that dropped out
of a gearbox on me last Wednesday.

Well, I figured I'd report in after a successful attempt to reinstall the
rod.  It took about 10 minutes to cajole the selector shaft out, as the
forks were rather tangled in it.  Once it was out, it took less than 5
minutes to realign the forks and install the shaft, one fork at a time.  I
used a clutch pushrod to get them in the ballpark, then I was able to
wiggle them into position while installing the selector rod.  This was
done with the gearbox on the bench, laying flat on the bellhousing.

Thanks Ron for indicating that it was possible to reinstall the rod
without disassmebling the gearbox!

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd