All is well that ends well.... (Selector rod)

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 03:52, Ron Pieper wrote:
> Good news!  That's not a common resolution.
> My only additional advice is to be dead sure that all the forks are on the shaft (both holes) and
> that each gear engages fully.  One kid brought his tranny to me which felt OK shifting on the
> bench, but did not fully engage one of the gears - I forget which.  He had one fork on by only one
> hole.
> I trust your skills though, so I reckon you're good to go.
> Congrats!

Thanks Ron - I'll be sure to check things thoroughly once it's bolted
back together - just waiting on a few seals.  I'm not sure how it would
be possible to get the rod through only one hole in the fork without
some force - it doesn't look like there's a lot of clearance in the
holes, and I'm thinking the rod would want to bind pretty badly if the
fork was on an angle.  Mine bounces in and out with the touch of a
finger against the rear spring, just like it's supposed to so I'm pretty
sure it's good to go.

Drew

--

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd