Queen of piddly stuff

>> From: "C Boyko" <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>
>> Date: 2004/09/24 Fri AM 08:10:15 EDT
>> To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>> Subject: Queen of piddly stuff
>

>> (now just remember, everything on a New beetle is a major PITA to do.
>>

> Have you replaced any headlight bulbs in that sucker yet?  NOW you are
> talking 'bout sum fun...  :-)

Living to do it again...it's my favorite sport, sort of like swimming with
sharks but with none of the pleasure.

>> Oh and it goes on. Did you ever hear of so much piddly stuff?
>
> Yes.  My cars look and drive like crud at the moment, and my list is at
> least as long.  However, no time/money ATM.

Well, anywhere within four feet or so of my MkI is my happy zone, so I
head there whenever I can. That one has been maximum bang for the buck, at
least in the smiles department. And my silver one is just such an awesome
car. It'd be the reason for my addiction, though hardly an entry level
drug.

>> What did I ever fill my days with before I had these cars?
>
> "More important stuff" I think is what they call it...  :-)  No, I really
> envy your sticktoitness...  I have had trouble lately getting to work on
> my car.

I do too, but here we have that thing called winter looming large, so
anything I can get done now I won't be doing when my fingers are snapping
off. Plastic/interior/wiring stuff is just better to do when it's warm.

I just had the windshield re-reiinstalled, as the bodyman that
> repaired the rust (cause of a leak) around the windshield did not do what
> he said he would do, which was fix it!  It should not leak for a good
> while now, and now I can reinstall the jute and carpet since it will no
> longer get wet.  I can finish my dynamat install, and then I can begin to
> look at reinstalling the headliner.  I might have a quiet car again!  Full
> interior, along with dynamat and the foil-backed jute too?  I hope it is
> worth the trouble.

It will be, I've seen the beautiful cars this list can produce with that
kind of TLC.

> Anyways, just a quick note to congratulate you on your success, and whine
> about my recent lack of it...  :-)

Whining's usually my forte, so whine on, it'll give me a rest from it!

Cathy
1987 2L 16V Scirocco - the Silver Headache
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V - Klaus- sounds like 0.33 of a Chevelle
"The light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train"