Port matching

> From: "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com>
> Date: 2004/09/23 Thu AM 10:42:59 EDT
> To: <fahrvegnugen@cox.net>,  "Mark" <mardak@cogeco.ca>,
>         <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Re: Re: Port matching
>
> I had been warned that porting the exhaust manifold would be difficult, but was very suprised that
> with a die grinder and carbide burr material removal was very quick and it seemed easier to control
> the placement of the burr than when cutting aluminum.
> I was using a burr similar to pn 43035a54 at www.mcmaster.com
>
> For aluminum I would use PN 4295a32. It's got bigger more open teeth and doesn't clog so easily.
> BTW, WD-40 on the burr helps prevent clogging.

Thanks Dan,
  That bit looks very similar to the one I used...  Perhaps I did not have the RPM high enough, I cannot remember...  If push comes to shove, I may go ahead and get a set of those.  Who knows, perhaps they were worn out as well...

Thanks for the tip about WD as well...

David

---Chrome don't get you home.---