you know you're having a bad day when...

> Aye, bad bad day.  Too bad I'm not able to take a short holiday Northward.

You know you're always welcome Ron, but if a messed up tranny is what it
takes to get you here... :)

> I have - on one very VERY lucky occassion, with the tranny face down on a
> bench - to get all the
> forks lined back up on the shaft.  But if the tranny is in the car, don't
> bet on it.  You may try
> pulling the reverse light switch and selector shaft to see if you can
> jigger the forks around that
> way.

The tranny is out of the car - it was actually on it's way into the car to
replace the high mileage (something greater than 600,000km) 7A that's in
there now.  I will have a go at attempting to line things up before I
start tearing it apart.  Maybe I'll get lucky.

> G/L,

Thanks!

Drew

--