you know you're having a bad day when...

...you're taking the 5th gear housing off a gearbox for the second time in
2 hours, and the selector shaft comes off with the housing.

Maddening?  Yes.  Even more so after you've spent an hour doing all the
seals (including driveshaft flanges) and chasing the threads for the three
rear mount studs and installing them.

Worse yet, I have this massive blue stain on the underside of the shed
roof above where I was working.  I can only assume that it was severe foul
language discolouring...

But hey, I'm a Scirocco owner afterall... :)

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
89 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Avant