:How many gallons of gas in a 'Roc?--Why I asked about this...

David,

I have swapped a 1989 Rabbit Cabriolet gaz tank into my 85 scirocco
because my scirocco gas tank was leaking, seems there was a bad batch
of tanks that leaked after some years (mine took 16 to start).

Now The issue I can see right on top of my head on your idea is
swapping the 13 gallons gaz tank into a car that was designed for a 11
gallon tank will be a problem.
Space-wize I do not beleive it will fit.

Concerning tank repair, the gaz tank I took from a scrap yard
cabriolet, I sent to a local radiator repair shop, and they cleaned it
out, drilled a corner, tapped and installed a drain plug (greatest
invention on this world....lol) and sealed it  (now not all radiator
shop handle gaz tyanks mine does) , so its basically samer as new.

As for the leaking gaz tank I showed it to him to see if they could
repair that gas tank, and the answer was no, because it leaks at the
seams. (perhaps this was too much work (considering I paid 25$/tank
and 55$/refurb  for mine), for him or simply not feasible. I dump the
tank back at the yard (grin).

--
Patrick Bureau - patrick.bureau@gmail.com