DPR current/O2 sensor voltage

If the O2 was failing, but not totally dead, it would push the DPR current
up though, right? When I unplug the DPR, it changes the sound of the
engine, but unplugging the O sensor makes no difference at all. It should
though, right? But if it's sending negligible voltage, there would be
little to no difference?

Oh, one more question. The 16V Passat O2 sensor is 030 906 265K, for the
2L GTI (the headache's engine donor) and the stock 16V Rocc, they are both
034 906 265 (F or C). SO do you suppose it's just a wire length
difference? (The fact that the number is the same would indicate the
Motronic and CIS-E versions are the same???) I haven't gone out to look at
the potential donor to see where the sensor is.
Anyone done junkyard O2 sensorectomy from a Passat?

Anyway, I have some reading to do at work today, see if I can sort it out.

Cathy, rich beyond words...