Argh - spun wheel bearing

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 11:22:13PM -0400, Allyn wrote:
> an hour eh? for something pidly like that, i'd threaten to move out. its not
> like you have the engine out or anything...
> so long as you made it at least look inconspicuous (wheel sitting in place,
> etc), they would likely reconsider.

Yep.  I had just jacked it up, removed the axle nut, and discovered that
my tie rod press was too big to fit the tie rod end.  I put the wheel back
on, put all my tools and stuff away, and left it on stands.  Ran out to
buy a smaller tie rod tool, came back and it was stickered.  It's that
annoying impossible to remove sticker, too.  You can't peel it off in one
piece, and acetone won't penetrate the outer layer of the sticker, so you
have to scratch it up with a razor blade first.  I should have done it in
my garage, but I had figured on taking maybe two hours for the whole deal,
and didn't feel like moving my motorcycles and moving enough crap around
to fit the car.

> Al (who will never live in an appartment complex for that exact reason)

Heh, one of my neigbors is a 70 year old guy who emigrated from the USSR
to here in 1991.  He's had several run ins with the management (last time,
they told him he was using too much electricity in his garage, and
that he was not allowed to have any lighting in it) and told me
"Dan, this apartment run very much like old Russian government."

Dan

--
It seemed to me that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to
need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of

--Douglas Adams, So Long and Thanks for All the Fish (Wonko the Sane)