Newer list members and an anniversary....

> I'm somewhat of a newer list member...I haven't been here a year yet...
>
> I apologize for some of the bitching, as a few of my posts have resulted
> in
> flaming piss fests.  ie the ABA vs 3a and the more recent Head Notching,
> which isn't too bad.
>
> Cathy rocks though, i love hearing about her cars...

Well peace and love back at ya, babe. Maybe some incense and peppermints
too. And you haven't even met me IN PERSON, where I can bribe you with
candy and beer. Though you can already get your own Canadian candy and
beer so that won't work as well...

I do think we need to lighten up. And for the record? 16Vs are best, well,
unless I'm driving my 8V. No, 8Vs are best....unless I'm driving my 16V.
Hell, I love 'em both. (but MkIs just plain rock my world)

I'm not sure if I'm new or old, well, I AM old, but yesterday was the
fourth anniversary of the fateful day when I took the very best two hour
drive of my life, in my newly purchased 16V Scirocco. Double rainbows in
the sky, crank key slowly shearing itself off as I drove....(yeah, all of
that is true too...that one let me know who was in charge right from the
beginning)

Now watch, someone will argue that crank key failure is sudden and
catastrophic, not slow, do I care? No. The "new" car f'n died when I got
it home, okay? Chill....

And they say it's only a car...

Cathy
1987 2L 16V Scirocco - the Silver Headache
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V - Klaus- sounds like half a Chevelle plus a Weedeater
"Misery loves company" (Old Proverb)