A1 to MKIV and back

I have you agree with you Brad.

My GTI is nice for trips and flat out fast, but as far as cornering forget it. Last nite I had to gas up my wife's corrado for her long drive to Owensboro, KY and I gunned it going around corners and the feel and power of it just puts my car back in the garage. It's soo much enjoyable to drive.

Tonee

Brad Sterling <bgsterling@earthlink.net> wrote:

The A1 chassis is
sooo tight and the car feels like a fighter jet cockpit compared to the A4.
won't ever choose between them because I'm lucky enough to not have to....
but If
I did , it would have to be the Rocc !!!

I'll agree here. My wife and I just traded in our '02 GTI VR6. It was
everything that my 'Roc isn't: powerful and fast (201hp and 6sp), quiet,
roomy, and comfortable. It was also heavy, boring, and lacked character.
Driving the 16v around our country roads makes me smile as I time the
downshifts, race the engine, and hit the corner hard, yet flat. The GTI was
uninspiring as it rolled the body and pushed the front end on the same
roads. It drove well and was great for long trips, but it doesn't engage
the driver the same way the 'Roc does. True, I could have modded it to add
some character, but that would have voided the warranty that we seemed to be
using regularly.

-Brad
'86 Scirocco 16v