A1 to MKIV and back

> I'll agree here.  My wife and I just traded in our '02 GTI VR6.  It was
> everything that my 'Roc isn't:  powerful and fast (201hp and 6sp), quiet,
> roomy, and comfortable.  It was also heavy, boring, and lacked character.
> Driving the 16v around our country roads makes me smile as I time the
> downshifts, race the engine, and hit the corner hard, yet flat.  The GTI was
> uninspiring as it rolled the body and pushed the front end on the same
> roads.  It drove well and was great for long trips, but it doesn't engage
> the driver the same way the 'Roc does.  True, I could have modded it to add
> some character, but that would have voided the warranty that we seemed to be
> using regularly.
>
> -Brad
> '86 Scirocco 16v

This is a common misconception, that adding parts or deleting others will void ones' warranty, one that all manufaturer's pray you do not learn otherwise.  Here is a link to explain the ins' and outs' of the situation, for those that are interested.  It is on SEMAs' website...  (Specialty Equiqment Manufacturers' Association)...

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8124

Granted, you would have to fight, and I think we all have  had enough of those to last us a lifetime.  BUT, you are the consumer, so you DO have some rights...

Cheers,
  David

*  Attention:  The previous note did not come from a VW dealership employee, or any of its affiliates.  If it had, this message would have cost too much upon delivery, and failed or self-corrupted in the middle of reading...  All warranties are null and void if this email is altered, forwarded, or otherwise abused...  *

---Chrome don't get you home.---