WTD: 2-2.25" exhaust for mk1

> From: Lars Bruchmann <pilotlars@yahoo.com>
> Date: 2004/09/13 Mon PM 03:55:43 EDT
> To: Mark <mardak@cogeco.ca>,  George Herndon <gherndon@eyeontech.com>
> CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Re: WTD: 2-2.25" exhaust for mk1
>
> i just went up the street to some local guys with a
> muffler place, they quoted me a $120 price for a 2"
> pipe and new muffler, does that sound reasonable??
> i've never had a new system installed, is 2" the
> largest i should go?  he said there is a 1.75"
> currently.  thanks!

2 inch is plenty for a normally-aspirated 2.0 and smaller IMO.  Where you might suffer later on is the quality of the muffler.  They come as cheap as 40.00, and in my experience they will go away within 1.5-2.0 years in our climate (33 inches of rain a year)...

HTH

David

---Chrome don't get you home.---