The 75 track car - it's home...

 Well, from experience I would say this is the way to go.
Just build the car the way you want it to be.  Don't worry about
rules and regulations (except as guidlines for safety of course)
This was my plan when I built my '80... I wanted a powerful
16v, which put me into modified classes for autox... but I didn't
care.  My goal was to build the car to my specs and race it in
whatever class I was put into.  And to my autox is just practice
for the track.  ;)
 I have been doing several open track events these past years with
the PCA.  These DE (Driver Education) events are a means for me to
learn my car and have fun driving, without direct competition.
The relaxed atmosphere is just what I like.

But yes, like you Mark,  I may someday decide to build a car from
the ground up according to the SCCA rules and do some actual
competitive events.  Just more time and $$ than I have right now.

So yeah... do something interesting!  Supercharged sounds great.
Base engine being a 2.0 8v?  G60 block?

See ya,

Ben

<snip>