Larry, I mis-spoke (Notching the piston for power)

Larry, et al..
  I asked Don yesterday about this, as I remembered that he experimented
with it a few times...  The gain is not to be found with a line across the
piston, but rather dimples, or round holes...  Apparently, NASCAR has for
sometime dimpled the piston, the cumbustion chamber, and the inside of the
intake runners for power...  This works considering the idea of a golf ball,
and how one with dimples goes much further than one without.  OR, the fact
that a jetliner with hail damage will have a higher top speed...

So Larry, there you go.  I debunked myself and did the work for you...  :)

Cheers,
  David