Problem for you electrical types...

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Fry [mailto:rocco16@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 9:35 PM
To: fahrvegnugen@cox.net; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Problem for you electrical types...

David hit it.
  I replaced the driver's side switch (for the passenger side window) and
all works normally.  It seems as though the system puts +12v to BOTH sides
of the motor at all times and either switch can ground out either side of
the circuit resulting in 'up' or 'down'.
  I also dissassembled the faulty switch and cleaned the very burnt contacts
with a rubberized abrasive polishing point on my Foredom tool.  It is now a
spare.
Thank you David and Allyn.
Larry
sandiego16v

This day will go down.... Umm, somewhere...  Yeah, like in my journal...
No, not my journal, that will sound gay....  Ummmmm, like, in the archives,
yeah, in the archinves!  That's the ticket...!  :)

David
And for my next trick, I will pull Morgan Fairchild from, uuhhhmmmm,
somewheres...  :)

> Driver side switch?  IIRC, if the drivers' is bad, the pass. won't work
independent of it...  You prolly can take the sucker apart and clean the
point carefully with a point file, they very rarely completely fail, they
just get dirty (slightly corroded) with age...