Problem for you electrical types...

David hit it.
  I replaced the driver's side switch (for the passenger side window) and
all works normally.  It seems as though the system puts +12v to BOTH sides
of the motor at all times and either switch can ground out either side of
the circuit resulting in 'up' or 'down'.
  I also dissassembled the faulty switch and cleaned the very burnt contacts
with a rubberized abrasive polishing point on my Foredom tool.  It is now a
spare.
Thank you David and Allyn.
Larry
sandiego16v

> Driver side switch?  IIRC, if the drivers' is bad, the pass. won't work
independent of it...  You prolly can take the sucker apart and clean the
point carefully with a point file, they very rarely completely fail, they
just get dirty (slightly corroded) with age...