Handling and some other ramblings.

Anthony Pelletier wrote:
> to answer someone elses question, I think my scirocco
> has the better tires 205-45-16 toyo t1s and the vr6
> 195-50-15 pirelli P700z
>
> I was just impressed with the way it would handle
> anything that I threw at it with ease.  It seems my
> rocco is far less smooth and has more trouble with
> uneven surfaces (Maine roads suck).  I think I need to
> bring the car up some.  The scirocco rides really
> stiff.  My tires will start making noise long before
> the ones on the vr6 will.  It wouldn't hurt to check
> my alignment either I guess.

You mentioned that you think the suspension may be too low.  Are you
hitting the bumpstops alot?  As soon as you do your spring rate goes to
infinity, and that tire will breakaway immediately due to the sudden
huge load on tire...

Are you "pogo-ing" down the road?  Do you have adjustable dampers that
are set too stiff or too soft?

You mention trouble on uneven surfaces, which your setup should handle
better than a "traditional" big-front-swaybar setup, due to the more
independant nature of using stiff springs for roll control.  Maybe give
us some more examples of how the car behaves in different scenarios...

Later,

Mark.
75 x2
80 S