Handling and some other ramblings.

Hello everyone,

I have a 1980 scirocco that has some pretty extensive
suspension mods and have some questions about getting
MKI's to hanlde better.

What started this is over the weekend my friend needed
a truck so I loaned him my 4runner and he in turn
loanded me his 1985 gti with a vr-6.  (what a deal
eh?)  Its pretty much gutted and he has bilstein w
ground control (eibach) springs 400# front 300# rears
with the MKIII "plus" suspension, and stock vr-6
15x6.5" wheels.  I was very impressed with the
suspension despite what everyone says about vr6's
being understeering pigs, I did not find this to be
true at all.  I am actually kind of embarassed by how
badly my mki handles in comparison.

I have h&r coil overs (no idea what the spring rate is
on these.) suspension techniques rear swaybar, no
front bar, poly bushings up front 16x7" rims with toyo
proxies t1s and find the handling just medoicre.  Am I
doing something wrong here, or is the MKII suspension
just that much better?  I found I was able to take
corners faster with far less drama than I do in my
rocco.  (I am not talking about all out acceleration
here.)  Maybe I can't drive, or I've been driving a
bloated SUV for too long, please don't flame me, I am
just looking for info/opinions about what I am doing
wrong here.  In the rocco's defense the coilovers are
probably set a little too low, but I didn't think it
would make that big of a difference.

Tony