Manifold and Downpipe on ebay

> From: SequoiaGLX@twcny.rr.com
> Date: 2004/09/02 Thu PM 06:49:10 EDT
> To: Rhett Farnum <rocco.crossing@gmail.com>
> CC: LIST <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Re: Manifold and Downpipe on ebay
>
> You know, I put one of those on my car in 1998, and it always bothered me that there was absolutely NO provision made for flex.

It may have already been answered, but the flex is neat the manifold...  There is a tube that surrounds each pipe of the downpipe that comes down from the ex. mani. flange.  Each tube is slightly larger than the downpipe, and about an inch and a half away from the flange, there is a welt all the way around both sets of pipes.  This allows for movement, but at the point of flex instead of at the tail end of the downpipe...  If you go to techtonicstuning.com, you will see what I am talking about...  Under downpipes & manifolds...

HTH

David