Dual-fan connector

> Hey ya'll....Just picked up a sweet dual rad fan for the rocco...it fits
> into her pretty good after rerouting some alternator wires and relocating
> the air intake.....but alas, the connector for the dual rad fan motor has
> 3 prongs instead of 2 prongs I have on the stock rocco fan lead.....where
> do I get a proper socket fitting for my 3 prong dual rad fan?  is it easy
> to modify the 3lead onto the existing wiring in my rocco?  what model/year
> should I look for this fitting in?  Passat/Jetta??  199???  is there a
> home fix remedy for this?? any info appreciated

I just put a Passat dual into my 16V, the wires hooked right up to the
stock harness. I must say I haven't been able to drive the car since (due
to a huge split in the air boot), but the fan works fine with the manual
override I have on it, so I'm expecting the wiring is the same. The fan
came from a 90 or 91 Passat, my 16Vs an 87.

Cathy
1987 2L 16V Scirocco "the Silver Headache"
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V "Klaus- louder than a Harley"
"Misery loves company" (Old Proverb)