char-broiled ignition update

I just finished repairing my ignition system in the 75 Scirocco.  Some of you
may recall last month I installed a new fuse panel after a mouse had tried to
eat my old one and a bunch of wires, only to find it was slightly different
from my original and when power was hooked up it immediately fried some wires,
and the pertronix ignitor.  Well, I found an exact fuse panel, rewired the
ignition and modified my old distributor housing with a hall sender  and ignition
control module from an 86 jetta. So now I have an early 75 Scirocco with a
2.0 engine from a96 Golf, twin sidedrafts from a 82 Alfa,  dist. housing from
the 75 with 86 jetta guts, and an 84 GTI 5 speed. cool. I have a new question. I
just picked up a 1.8 cyl.head, I am told it has been ported and larger
valves, a big cam, and has been modified to fit on a 1.6 block. (because it cam from
an old rabbit race car with a bored over 1.6)  All I can tell is it has a
cool variable degree cam sprocket, honestly don't know how to identify it. The
cam has a "G' on it, the head has #026 103 373.  If someone out there knows what
it is please tell me. And thanks to those who responded to my earlier pleas
for help. I am looking forward to finally getting my car to an event and
meeting some of you.  Michael