char-broiled ignition update

 Comments within snipped original post below.

snip
> I just picked up
> a 1.8 cyl.head, I am told it has been ported

Stick your finger into the ports. How are they? Smooth? Casting flash still
in there?

> and larger valves,

Measure them in milimeters, and compare to stock.

> a big cam,

Measure the lobes at the highest point minus the base circle and you have
lift.

> and has been modified to fit on a 1.6
> block. (because it cam from an old rabbit race car with a
> bored over 1.6)

I think they weld one oil return hole

> All I can tell is it has a cool variable
> degree cam sprocket, honestly don't know how to identify it.

The 1.8l head has the water hose from the rad connected between cyl. 3 and
cyl. 4 instead of between cyl. 1 and cyl. 2 as in the 1.6l/1.7l head. Post
pictures.

> The cam has a "G' on it, the head has #026 103 373.  If
> someone out there knows what it is please tell me. And thanks
> to those who responded to my earlier pleas for help. I am
> looking forward to finally getting my car to an event and
> meeting some of you.  Michael

The degree cam sprocket can be sent to me for evaluation and testing. ;-)

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'97 A4 Q