stress bar

Hi Ryan,

I originally explained it as an A1 chassis stressbar but the difference
of an s1 or s2. Most bars with the exception of the Neuspeed bar won't
fit the s1 but will fit all other A1 Chassis cars. Since I got a really
good deal on a Eurosport bar, I wanted to know what I needed to do to
make it fit.

So kiddies, I got it to fit. I had to pound flat the hood support over
the bar, the hood closes normally and it doesn't rub. I don't know why
Eurosport and the others didn't just make the bar 1/2" lower so their
bars would fit all a1's, it sounds rather short sighted to me.

I wouldn't recommend pounding the hood supports on a show car, or a
really nice car but for "The Project" cheap is good even if it makes it
Spud ugly. Grinding the support carefully in that area maybe a better
option as I left some small dings in my hood, not very noticeable but
there.

I'll put pictures on my website sometime this week so ya all can see.

Thanks for all the responses,

 TomC
'79 "The Project" Scirocco
http://www.spuduglyracing.com
Now with improved all browser friendly photo album.