OT: As in, no topic in particular...

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:39:55 -0400, you wrote:

> I have been cautious since our last discussion of it, but it appears that this list pretty much functions by posting on the top.  I don't care either way, but I will following along with what others are doing (mooo), as I think I have been too much of a sh!t-stirrer in the past...  :-)

Nobody should *ever* jump on your case for trimming the BS and bottom
posting.   Top posting is certainly easier, but in many
circumstances.. other lists and especially in Usenet, you'll get
toasted for doing it.  I mean, some people are real netiquette nazis,
but logic generally supports them.

This list adds a tag.  Some people use yahoo that adds a tag.  Many of
us have a sig.  That's the BS that accumulates. Top posting just adds
more of that BS with each post.. like growing to 100+ lines for a
singles sentence of new text.  Not everyone is on high speed all the
time so bandwidth can be an issue.

In this forum, I'm not going to bitch at anybody about top posting or
not keying in a subject line.  But like it or not, the presentation
either enhances or degrades the information you offer.  Here or
anywhere.

Gordon

75 Mk1/Drake 1.9