Coolant system question

Could i also be the lower rad hose??

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Pieper [mailto:rapieper@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 4:44 PM
To: C Boyko; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Coolant system question

I'd guess the water pump itself (leaking from the shaft, just above the
PS pump), the water pump-block gasket (an o-ring), the t'stat housing
(o-ring) or one of the hoses to the stat or WP.

That of course describes everything that touches coolant on that side of
the engine, so it may be as much help as saying "food" when someone asks
what you'd like to eat.

HTH anyway,

Cheapasss Ron

--- C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> Okay, this is not for the Roccs, but for the 88 Cabby (JH, PS/AC). I
> had a totally shitty day at work, and this is the cap on that. So,
> anyways, the girl calls from town, flashing coolant light, she
> checked, no coolant. So I head in and limp said car home after filling

> it up with dehumidifier water. It ran at normal temps, but is leaking
> enough that the reservoir's empty now, and it appears to be dripping
> from the power steering pump (which obviously it isn't). I can't see
> anything on the water pump or vicinity, but that's the culprit most
> likely, right (where it joins the block?). Just wanna know before I
> hobble it to the dealer, I don't have the time or mental fortitude to
> deal with it at the moment.
>

> Cathy
> 1987 2L 16V Scirocco - the Silver Headache
> 1979 1.8L 10:1 8V - Klaus- sounds like 0.33 of a Chevelle "Just shoot
> me and get it over with"

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor Jr." - '81 Scirocco S 7SM
2.0L 16V w/ Megasquirt, Quaifed GL 4-speed
It's Alive!!!