scirocco goes to the recycler

I'd say the manifolds are unique and worth saving, it'd be something that
would be useful to 8V people wanting to swap to a non Scirocco 16V.
Sunroof parts...And I'd be grabbing anything rubber or plastic that is in
decent shape, rad hoses, that stupid rubber air boot, that stuff.
Eventually it'll be obsolete, so I'd stockpile it. Lights too, and I'd
harvest bulbs, wiring, electrical plugs, fasteners, washer/wiper motors,
the modules in the rain tray, even the O2 sensor if you're ambitious.
Fuses and relays too, why crush them? Door handles? Interior bits? Sensors
and switches? Instrument cluster? The starter? Coil? Alternator? Battery?
Axles?  Rear calipers if they aren't siezed? and on and on...how much do
you want to pillage it is the question. Just thinking of what I've needed
for my cars. It'll all fail at some point, and whatever you crushed is
likely what you'll wish you kept for your own 16V.

Others with more experience at parting cars may want to chime in. I think
we're all just depressed at the thought of another one passing. A moment
of silence...

Cathy