Exhausting research (and looking for a small part)

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:26:57 -0400, "marc_scirocco"
<marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I have one on my '83 2" TT exhaust system. Was sold to me actually by TT.
>
>It is a glass pack muffler, was called a "hollywood muffler" around here.

Wow, I haven't heard "hollywood muffler" in years!  That's something
right out of the fifties.  My uncle had one on his 49 Chevy "torpedo"
coupe, along with a "wolf whistle" (still available, although now
electronic instead of vacuum operated, from JC Whitney - who else?).
Even "glass pack" has sort of disappeared.  I suppose it's just been
updated to "dynamic tuned high performance type R resonator module" or
something.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9