carb upgrade MkI/II

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:19:25 -0400, "marc_scirocco"
<marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On my '75 Rabbit I installed a Pinto carburator.

IIRC, that was a Holley-Weber progressive and not a bad carb.  The
first aftermarket carb I put on my Scirocco (in about 1978) was the
Weber version, but essentially the same.  WAYYYYYYY better than the
original Zenith 2B2, which the VW service manager (upon my umpteenth
visit for stalling and surging problems) advised me to dump as soon as
the warranty on the car expired.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9