Scirocco II: Euro headlight installations

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:22:36 -0400
"caobhin" <caobhin@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> I'm looking for info on the Euro headlights installation procedures.
> The best link that I've found thus far :
>
> http://scirocco.org/tech/16v/eurolights/
>
> Any others out there?  Specific tips from the seasoned veterans??
>
> I've got a question:  how are the smaller, inside lights supposed to
> work? I've always thought they served a dual-purpose role, much like
> my '98 Passat:  fog lights on low-beam, high-beams in the high-beam
> position.  Not true, it seems: an either/or situation.

Just high beams. The fog lamps are seperate under the bumper and should work with just marker lights and with the low beams. IIRC the fogs go out on high beam.

> I have already modified my stock MII with a Euro-spec foglight switch
> in the dash, controlling a pair of under-bumper Bosch H3 bulbs.  How
> should I fit this into my Eurolight modification?

Leave the fog lights as they are, they are seperate to the high beam, Wire the inner lights to the high beams.

--Andrew